From: Matthias Krebs <matthias.krebs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Gildor Oronar <gildororonar@×××××××.us>" <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what can I do besides waiting or complaining about missing kompozer?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:01:29
1 On Saturday 25 October 2008 10:37:48 Gildor Oronar <gildororonar@×××××××.us>
2 wrote:
3 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:52:04 +0800, zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
5 > >> However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
6 > >> Linux.
7 > >
8 > > If you'd searched Bugzilla you'd have found an ebuild for the latest
9 > > release, which appears to be in the Arcon overlay too.
10 >
11 > maybe I am stupid but
12 > #layman -L
13 > output doesn't contain the word 'arcon' or 'Acron'. A google with
14 > keyword 'Arcon overlay' doesn't find instruction how to install it
15 > neither. Could it be related to my platform (PowerPC)?
16 >
17 > A link with information related to how to install 'arcon overlay' would
18 > be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
19 >
20 > I am fine with installing an overlay, but I guess if the ebuild is in
21 > the portage then it's available for more people. For me now is only how
22 > to get overlay working.
23 You have to build layman with subversion use flag to see svn repositories.
24 Same goes for git.