From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: where is emacs-cvs-23.0.60 ?
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:13:54
1 At Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:08:11 -0500 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> writes:
4 >
5 >> I see mention of emacs-cvs-23.0.60 is several places including
6 >> bugs.gentoo.org, but I can't find it in portage. I am running
7 >> 23.0.50 now with success.
8 >
9 > What ever is the most recent cvs version is what will get installed if
10 > you run `emerge emacs-cvs'
11 >
12 > The emerge will tap the emacs cvs repository for the latest code
13 > committed there.
14 >
15 > Run `emerge -vp emacs-cvs' and you should see it says it is installing
16 > emacs-cvs-23.0.99999
17 >
18 > Which really just means the latest cvs code committed.
19
20 Thank you. I had guessed something like that, but .9999 wouldn't
21 compile for me. I submitted a bug report via
22 M-x report-emacs-bug
23 and it was promptly fixed. Then .9999 compiled and I am running .60
24 without problems.
25
26 Thank you again for the clear explanation.
27 allan
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list