From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd portage / eix behavior
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 07:41:37
1 On Friday 08 August 2008 19:58:46 Eric Martin wrote:
2 > On one of my boxes, eix shows every package as (*) which is testing for
3 > my current arch but stable on some other. emerge --info reports x86 as
4 > my arch, so I don't know what the problem is. I don't think it's a huge
5 > problem as it's just an annoyance but I might be missing something. I
6 > don't know where to start on google / forums so I figured I'd start here.
7
8 I recall something similar happening to me a while ago, on a disconnected box
9 that hadn't been updated for 6 months. I was getting weird status symbols just
10 like you after a sync. In my case, an upgrade to the latest ~arch portage
11 fixed it.
12
13 You seem to be running purely x86 right? I assume as a first step you have
14 done all the sensible things - remerge latest stable portage, emerge --sync,
15 checked /etc/portage/* for silly masks that you forgot about?
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com