From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange one with gentoo guest in vmware
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:29:11
1 I'm trying to get a gentoo guest running in vmware app on windowsxp.
2
3 I just installed a prebuilt appliance (gentoo 2008) and am now
4 updating it.
5
6 I got the kernel rebuilt and updated to 2.6.32-r5 and rebooted into
7 that.
8
9 I now have all uppercase at the cmdline. The actual keyboard is not
10 in uppercase mode... and oddly the gentoo install apparently is not
11 seeing uppercase at the cmdline since cmds that are supposed to be in
12 lower case all work.
13
14 typing what I see as `LS' at the command line does what `ls' is supposed
15 to do and lists the directory, so gentoo is seeing lowercase where I
16 see uppercase.
17
18 Anyone have a clue what this might be about?
19
20 I typed dmesg thinking to maybe append it here. I saw `DMESG', when
21 the printout flashed by it was all uppercas then the OS froze...
22
23 Will now have to hard reboot it to see if I can see whats going on.
24
25 Prior to booting the new kernel it ran on 2.6.24-r8 and seemed to run
26 normally.