From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Autostart of an application for a headless embedded system
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 05:59:50
1 wabenbau@×××××.com <wabenbau@×××××.com> [15-11-29 06:48]:
2 > Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I have a Gentoo on my embedded system (Arietta G25, very tiny).
7 > > If this system is booted (no display, no monitor, only one LED)
8 > > an application (console only) should start, do its job and if done
9 > > shutdown the system. The application runs as root.
10 > > The system has no connection to the outside, so there are no
11 > > security related concerns...
14 > > What is the best place to call that application?
15 >
16 > If you use openrc then /etc/local.d/ would be a good place.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Regards
20 > wabe
23 Hi wabe,
24
25 ...thanks a lot! :
26 Yes I am using openrc...I asked because I was unsure not
27 to screw up the bootprocess...
28
29 Best regards,
30 Meino