From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: processor speed
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:27:56
1 On 2017-08-30, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > A decade was about how long I expect my i7-4770k based system to last,
4 > assuming I have absolutely no money to upgrade before then.
5
6 My Monochrome 8MHz IBM AT has lasted 32 years.
7
8 Of course I've upgraded/replaced the hard drive(s) a dozen or so
9 times, the mother board a half dozen times, the case 4 or 5 times, the
10 power supply a half-dozen times, the video card 3-4 times, and the
11 monitor 4 times. It's also been through a half-dozen or so different
12 brands of Linux starting with Yggdrasil in 1992. [Before that it ran
13 the Mark Williams Coherent v7 Unix clone.]
14
15 The original keyboard is still going strong!
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Should I get locked
19 at in the PRINCICAL'S
20 gmail.com OFFICE today -- or have
21 a VASECTOMY??