From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Slow network transfers ... lost interrupts because of clocksource?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:03:02
1 The 27/09/13, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > I am back from my visit at a customer where I installed a new and shiny
4 > gentoo server for running VMs (KVM).
5 >
6 > Currently I don't have access as my VPN only works from my static IP at
7 > home (my router seems to be offline right now ... and I am still away
8 > from office for the weekend) so I can't check details now ...
9 >
10 > basically:
11 >
12 > I tried to copy/rsync some file with ~8GB over a gigabit connection ...
13 > from old to new server. Checked ethtool for gigabit, looked ok. I always
14 > saw the behavior that the transfer started rather fast and slowed down
15 > within minutes. Let's say ~50 MB/s in the start and then down to maybe 2
16 > or so. That is way from the expected throughput with such new hardware.
17
18 You should give details of the tests. It looks like a hard disk write
19 speed bottleneck.
22 Nicolas Sebrecht