From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] overlays being ignored by portage
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:15:35
1 On 3/27/07, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi. I have a strange problem. I am using layman and at a point I had
3 > no overlays under layman and now I have added two but portage is
4 > ignoring them. I have at the end of /etc/make.conf
5 > source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
6 > and that file has what it should, but portage is not seeing them at
7 > all. Very strange.
8 >
9 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
10 > --
11 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
12 > How do
13 > you spend it?
14 >
15 > John Covici
16 > covici@××××××××××.com
17
18 John,
19 It has always worked that way for me. I use the pro-audio overlay.
20 eix-sync does not update for changes in that overlay so I have to do
21 this:
22
23 layman -s pro-audio
24 eix-sync
25
26 and then I see the overlay updates.
27
28 It's a bit frustrating sometimes when I realize I've forgotten the
29 first command, but not a big deal really.
30
31 If it makes any difference I'm on a Gentoo AMD64 machine.
32
33 Cheers,
34 Mark
35 --