From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fonts after xorg-server and nvidia upgrade
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:01:19
1 Hi,
4 After upgrading the nvidia drivers to version 1.0.8756 and
5 xorg-server to version 1.0.99.901-r1 X starts up but no fonts
6 are displayed on screen. Sometimes there is a short period I can
7 see the stuff on screen and then it disappears again.
8 Downgrading to xorg-server is a pain because of ABI dependencies.
9 I've tried reemerging the fonts, rebuilding the fonts directories
10 and nothing.
11 Things are working with the xorg nv driver, but not with the
12 nvidia binary drivers. I do need the nvidia drivers because
13 this is a laptop and I use my flat panel for daily use and I need
14 the TwinView from the nvidia drivers.
17 Thanks,
18 Catalin
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list