From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] terminal spreadsheet - sc fork
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:23:21
1 On 11/02/2014 06:16 PM, Andrés Martinelli wrote:
2 > Hello there!!
3 > I am working on a terminal spreadsheet based on "sc", but with some
4 > adds like undo/redo..
5 > you can find it here:
6 >
7 > https://github.com/andmarti1424/scim
8 >
9 > Any new ideas and/or contribution is always welcome!
10 > Thanks!
11 >
12 > --
13 > Andrés M.
14
15 If I can offer some constructive criticism based on my short experience
16 helping Walter:
17
18 * Your build process could use some work; you shouldn't be hard-coding
19 variable values like LN and CC in a Makefile, these are handled by make.
20 Your Makefile could be shortened by ~150 lines by relying on built-in
21 rules and using some built-in make expressions to list your source files
22 as well.
23 * A bunch of your .c or .h files are marked as executable... why?
24 * No install command. Not really a huge deal as only one important file
25 is produced (src/scim), but would be nice to have
26
27 If you're unfamiliar with make and have no immediate plans to switch to
28 either the autotools or cmake, I would be more than willing to make some
29 changes to your Makefile and open a pull request. If you would like to
30 email me personally with questions about make, feel free to do that as well.
31
32 There are a couple things I saw in the code as well:
33
34 * system("echo -n 'Press enter to return.'")
35 * Lot of ignored return values on functions that you should check, like
36 write() and fgets()
37
38 If these were in the sc code and you know about them but just haven't
39 gotten to fixing them yet, no worries.
40
41 Alec