From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with xf86-video-ati & nvidia-drivers
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:07:09
1 >> >>> When I was using an Nvidia video card, I noticed a strange sort of
2 >> >>> fuzzy edge effect if I used nvidia-drivers.  xf86-video-nouveau didn't
3 >> >>> have the same problem.  Now I've switched to an ATI video card and
4 >> >>> unfortunately I have the same problem with xf86-video-ati.  I tried to
5 >> >>> enable the new modesetting radeon driver in the kernel to see if that
6 >> >>> would help but it doesn't work with my HD4250 card yet.  Does anyone
7 >> >>> know how to fix this?  Here's a photo of the effect around the mouse
8 >> >>> cursor:
9 >> >>>
10 >> >>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/cursor.jpg
11 >> >>>
12 >> >>> - Grant
13
14 >> >> The image looks to me as thos would be an analog instead of
15 >> >> an digital problem.
16
17 >  Put all mains connectors of you PC rig into ONE wall connector
18 >  with something like this (ok I miss some words here again and
19 >  since a picture says more than even thousands of /missing/ words
20 >  here comes an image of what I mean:):
21 > http://www.reichelt.de/Steckdosenleisten-ohne-Schalter/6-FACH-DOSE-WS-5/index.html?;ACTION=3;LA=2;ARTICLE=108651;GROUPID=4281;SID=11Thz@On8AAAIAABaBBrE9f5418078c2ea9fe6608e9765d978595
22
23 Thank you for taking the time to explain. So I'm sure I understand
24 what it is I should try, I should connect my computer's power cable
25 and monitor's power cable to a power strip and plug that power strip
26 into an outlet?
27
28 - Grant