From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ruby 22
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:26:57
1 On 08/20/2017 08:19 AM, allan gottlieb wrote:
2 > I am currently running ruby21 (ruby-2.1.9).
3 > All such versions of ruby are masked so this is clearly a mistake
4 > on my part. I was alerted to this error by dev-ruby/rdoc-4.2.0
5 > failing to build on today's emerge --update @world
6 >
7 > After I do
8 > eselect ruby set ruby22
9 > can I simply
10 > emerge --update @world
11 > or must I explicitly rebuild some ruby packages?
12
13 I don't believe that will be enough. You should update RUBY_TARGETS in
14 /etc/portage/make.conf if you have it set. If you don't have it set and
15 are still getting this error, that's a bug and should be filed on b.g.o.
16 I have a custom RUBY_TARGETS as I do some ruby development, so I don't
17 have a vanilla system to test this on.
18
19 Also, you'll have to run a slightly different command to update (since
20 RUBY_TARGETS, PYTHON_TARGETS, etc. are USE flags underneath):
21
22 emerge --update --newuse --deep @world
23
24 You shouldn't have to 'eselect ruby' either - portage will do this for
25 you while updating.
26
27 Alec