From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] NVidia + vanillla kernel ==> versions ?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:06:40
1 Hi,
2
3 I am regulary updateing my system with the newest release of
4 the linux kernel from ftp.kernel.org.
5
6 My graphics card is an nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT (rev a2)
7 (according to lspci).
8
9 For kernels of version 2.6.26.* I was using nvidia driver version 173.14.12.
10
11 This version failed to compile on 2.6.27.* kernels.
12
13 The newer version of the nvidia drivers (177.80) does compile but
14 end up in a black screen and a locked computer.
18 Is there any nvidia-driver, which can be used with linux 2.6.27.* and
19 the nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT graphics card ?
22 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
23
24 Kind regards,
25 Meino Cramer
32 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
33 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
34 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
35 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.