From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems configuring VMWare
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:36:29
1 Martin Larsson wrote:
2 > On 5/28/06, *JimD* <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org
3 > <mailto:Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>> wrote:
4 >
5 > Anyway, all I had to do is remove /etc/vmware/not_configured and all is
6 > golden.
9 > Thanks, that helped. Now I can run vmware as root.
10 > But attempting to run it as myself, I get:
11 > (vmware:7809): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Can not open pixbuf loader module
12 > file
13 > '/opt/vmware/workstation/lib/libconf/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders'
14 >
15 > I've added myselft to the vmware-group, but gdk-pixbuf.loaders is:
16 > # ls -la /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/libconf/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
17 > -rw------- 1 root root 3324 2006-05-29 01:51
18 > /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/libconf/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
19 >
20 > So something here seems to be all wrong.
21 >
22 > I probably should take the hint and just buy a new machine instead of
23 > playing with VMWare. :*)
24 >
25 > M.
26
27 Don't worry about that warning, I get it every time I use VMware and
28 have not had any issues. I run VMware Mon-Fri for a good 8 hours. I
29 use it for work.
30
31 Maybe I will look into the gdk-pixbuf.loaders issue if I find some time.
32 Though as I stated, I have not had one issue because of it, I even
33 played a few smaller games under VMware like Heroes of Might and Magic III.
34
35 Jim
36 --
38 There's no place like 127.0.0.1