From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Backing up emails
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:09:44
1 On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:46:56PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 20.01.2011 15:23, schrieb Matt Harrison:
3 >
4 > > I'm hoping someone here has an idea for something that will let me make a copy of all
5 > > his mail, in the current folder structure and replicate it onto another machine.
6 >
7 > imapsync that stuff to another IMAP-server in your LAN?
8 > After that backup that stuff to tape or whatever ....
11 Thanks for the replies everyone. I will take a look at imapsync, it sounds like the
12 tool I need :)
13
14 And yes, I know 2GB of mail sounds a bit mad...I've tried to convince him to use a
15 slightly different backup policy but he's adamant this is the way he wants.
16
17 I'll give all your suggestions a try.
18
19 Thanks
20
21 Matt Harrison