From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I find all "orphaned" files?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:14:08
1 Hi,
2
3 is there any way to find completely all "orphaned" files on my
4 system (recursivelly from /)? I mean all files (and directories)
5 which do not belong to any ebuild installed...
6
7 I know, there is "qfile" with "-o" option, but its syntax is
8 not clear to me. I tried "qfile -o *" but that is apparently
9 not the correct syntax, as all I got were a few top-level
10 subdirectories and nothing more...
11
12 I also found "orphan_finder.py" script in forum but I'm not
13 sure it works properly. When I tested it on /etc it found
14 a lot of "orphan" files, directories and links, which actually
15 are not "orphan"...
16
17 Jarry
18 --
20 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
21 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.