From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where the Plasma shutdown menu option gone?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 10:54:13
1 On Wednesday, 30 May 2018 11:24:56 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 30 May 2018 10:36:57 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > Thanks guys, I just rebooted and still every submenu entry under
4 > > 'Leave' is gone, except for 'Lock' and 'Logout'. This is weird. What
5 > > could be causing this?
6 >
7 > Check System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session. is "Offer
8 > shutdown options" enabled? It could also be a permissions thing if your
9 > user no longer has permission to execute the shutdown and reboot commands.
10
11 Yes, it is.
12
13 'Default Leave Option', below it, is set at 'End current session'.
14
15 I wouldn't think the user ever interfered with these settings from what would
16 have been the defaults. What would have changed to remove the permissions
17 this user have had? Where can I check this?
20 Regards,
21 Mick