From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] stomping on gnomes
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 02:37:11
1 I am upgrading a formerly gnome based desktop after trialling gnome3 for
2 a few weeks and its now an lxde based system that is a few months out of
3 date. Iam currently in the process of tying to exterminate the
4 remaining gnomes which seem to want to keep dragging in systemd (I use
5 eudev).
6
7 I am running the use flags of -gnome and -systemd and a desktop profile
8 of /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/13.0
9
10 Can someone suggest a more appropriate use flag/profile combination that
11 will exclude primarily systemd? As lxde upstream is moving to QT
12 instead of gtk would the kde profile be better? There are a very few
13 gnome apps like epihany and gnumeric that I use but if it means systemd
14 they will be removed as well. While I very much dislike the gnome
15 desktop, I don't mind some friendly gnomes being installed, but they
16 seem to be getting fewer and fewer :)
17
18 BillK