From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sync'ing two computers (not related to emerge)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:07:44
1 Issue is resolved (solution below)
2
3 > An unstable link is probably triggering your issue. If the link dies and
4 > comes back, unison (at least version 2.27.57, what I have here) gets
5 > confused and just sits there. What's interesting is that if unison is
6 > killed on the initiating machine, the remote process stops as well,
7 > which leads me to believe this is a bug in unison; they can talk, but
8 > they don't do anything. I've glanced at the code before despite my lack
9 > of familiarity with OCaml, as my wireless connection will often die,
10 > causing much grief, but I've never found a solution.
11
12 The problem was actually related to ssh... setting those in
13 sshd_config fixed it:
14 ClientAliveInterval 15
15 TCPKeepAlive no
16 ---
17 The TCPKeepAlive option set to yes doesnt seem sufficient, it was
18 suggested by someone to use ClientAliveInterval instead. (or on the
19 client end i think you could set ServerAliveInterval)
20
21 Thanks all!
22 Simon