From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Connecting a network printer
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:46:05
1 Hello list,
2
3 I have a Lexmark C2425 colour laser, which used to be detected automatically
4 but now isn't. I can connect it over USB, but I'd like to use IPP or HTTP.
5
6 This is a stable amd64 box, and CUPS is installed thus:
7 net-print/cups-2.3.3_p2-r3::gentoo USE="X acl dbus pam ssl threads usb
8 zeroconf -debug -kerberos (-selinux) -static-libs -systemd -xinetd"
9 ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
10
11 Two questions:
12
13 1. What else do I need to do for the printer to be detectable?
14 2. The guides I've found say I can set it up manually with ipp://hostname/
15 printers/printername. What is 'printername'? Is it just arbitrary?
16
17 Clues, anyone?
18
19 TiA.