From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to disable the modules service?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 15:35:24
1 On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 07:29:42 -0400, Dex Conner wrote:
2
3 > Unfortunately I had already followed that guide for going module-less
4 > and the rc service called modules is still running. I have found that it
5 > is the /etc/init.d/modules file which sources some folders including
6 > /usr/lib/modules-load.d which has a module in it. I think this module
7 > (pkcs8_key_parser) gets created after I update iwd. Is there a way to
8 > actually remove the modules service instead of removing the modules from
9 > the directories repeatedly?
10
11 You could blacklist the module in /etc/modules.d, but will iwd still work
12 without it?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.