From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dec-terminal fonts
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:17:08
1 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 05:04:30PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote
4 >> I've got to liking this font:
5 >> -dec-terminal-medium-r-normal--14-140-75-75-c-80-iso8859-1
6 >>
7 >> But, after checking with xlsfonts... I don't see it available
8 >>
9 >> Can anyone tell me which font package would have -dec-termainal [...]
10 >> fonts?
11 >
12 > Maybe media-fonts/font-dec-misc ? An alternative option might be
13 > media-fonts/terminus-font
14
15 Thanks, that first sure looks like it should be the one. When I
16 searched with `eix' looking for dec a couple days ago... I somehow,
17 probably thru operator error, did not uncover it ... although I easily
18 find it now.
19
20 There must be some other problems
21
22 I happened to have checked the output of xlsfonts|wc -l, which showed
23 1513
24 before installing both of those above.
25
26 Once they were installed I do not find any dec-terminal fonts but also
27 `xlsfonts|wc -l' still shows 1513
28
29 I thought I had noticed that count staying the same earlier when I
30 installed the pkg thelma mentioned; but never verified before and
31 after like I did now.
32
33 qlist font-dec-misc
34 /usr/share/doc/font-dec-misc-1.0.3/ChangeLog.bz2
35 /usr/share/fonts/misc/decsess.pcf.gz
36 /usr/share/fonts/misc/deccurs.pcf.gz
37
38 And terminus-font has too many files to list here
39 qlist terminus-font|wc -l
40 288
41
42 Surely the number recorded in xlsfonts should rise eh?
43
44 PS - For the record eix showed neither package you posted to be
45 installed prior to the installations I performed a few minutes ago,
46 yet no increase in number of fonts....
47
48 Am I wrong to expect xslfonts to show what I have installed?