From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer: glibc detected memory corruption
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:52:35
1 On 09/12/2012 12:41:20 PM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Hi List
3 >
4 > Every once in a while, my mplayer can't play a video from the
5 > intertubes. It
6 > just crashes on load, it really drives me mad sometimes. I then need
8 > x-kill the window, and if I started from the console, I can't even
9 > get back
10 > its prompt with Ctrl+C.
11 ....
14 I have been bitten by this myself.
15 Therefore I have both installed, mplayer and mplayer2.
16 I use the GIT-version of both (i.e. -9999.ebuild)
17
18 Upto now, one of them worked for any given video.
19
20 Helmut.