From: Rod <Rod@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UEFI booting
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:59:42
1 Hi list,
2
3 I'm trying to figure out how to make my boot partition to boot from
4 UEFI, I have grub2 installed, but I keep getting a error when I ask it
5 to install the boot information.
6
7 mount
8 /dev/sdc1 201633 156 201478 1% /boot/efi
9
10 I have the /boot/efi part mounted ok..
11
12 # efibootmgr
13 efibootmgr: EFI variables are not supported on this system.
16 # grub2-install --target=x86_64-efi /dev/sdc
17 Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
18 efibootmgr: EFI variables are not supported on this system.
19 efibootmgr: EFI variables are not supported on this system.
20 Installation finished. No error reported.
21
22 I have this disk as my 1st boot drive in BIOS, the 2nd is the
23 normal drive.
24
25 Boot order is EFI then Legacy (EFI only tells me "Insert boot disk
26 and hit Enter)
29 I'm assuming the "variables not supported" is blocking the install.
32 BIOS reports the 1st disk to boot is
33
34 EFI: ST2000DM001-1ER1
37 Mobo is a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (with the latest UEFI firmware)
38
39 How can I get this UEFI be become bootable without media to make it
40 boot in to that mode to begin with ?
43 ---
44
45 Regards,