From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is this a bug in firefox-36.0?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 02:34:13
1 On 03/17/2015 06:15 PM, walt wrote:
2 > On 03/17/2015 05:47 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> Mozilla installs a
4 >> privileged service that auto updates its software.
5 >
6 > Interesting. I didn't know about 'privileged services' in Windows.
7 > I hope M$ grants these 'privileges' carefully.
8
9 You mean the user. Any app can install a service like that if the user
10 lets them. I'm assuming Mozilla's service runs as a SYSTEM user so it
11 can modify things, but I've never cared enough to look. I always remove
12 the Mozilla Maintenance Service and update manually.
13
14 Dan