From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ftdi usb-serial converter broken
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:34:56
1 On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:00:58 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3
4 > On Monday 28 April 2008, James wrote:
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > I've been using FTDI's usb-serial converters for a few years now
8 > > with great success.
9 >
10 > I use one of those gadgets. Wonderful devices, they always
11 > JustWorked(tm)
12
13 Indeed, they are wonderful. <digression> I used a pair of them on an
14 embedded project with micro-controllers talking via 500Kb serial
15 links. The problem I encountered with Windoze is that (1) 500Kb is a
16 non-standard baud rate and required a customized config file and (2)
17 Windoze used the right config file for 1 converter and the wrong config
18 file for the other. Apparently Windoze identified the individual
19 converters and used the config file it thought proper for each one --
20 rather than a single config file for both. </digression>
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list