From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:06:11
1 On Friday 11 May 2007 16:39, David Harel wrote:
2
3 > lilo is double checked. Below the relevant section.
6 > boot=/dev/sda
7 > root=/dev/sda1
8 > read-only
11 > image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-r8.v0
12 >
13 > label=SDA1-20-r8.v0
14 > append="root=/dev/sda1"
15
16 This last line, written this way, looks wrong or at least useless to me.
17 Try to change it into the simpler
18
19 root = /dev/sda1
20
21 or remove it altogether, since you already specified the root device in
22 the global section.
23
24 Also, you seem to have a SCSI or SATA drive (the output of lspci would
25 help here). All SCSI low-level drivers are disabled in your config, so I
26 guess you have a SATA drive. But, you have also disabled all the SATA
27 drivers (it's the "Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental)
28 drivers" section). This could happen if you did "make oldconfig" using a
29 pre-2.6.19 config file, because SATA drivers moved under CONFIG_ATA
30 starting from 2.6.19. If so, do a "make menuconfig" and double check
31 that all the drivers you need are compiled into your kernel.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list