From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 07:36:35
1 On Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:30:49 AM German wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 03:19:50 -0400
3 > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:06:59 AM German wrote:
6 > > > On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:49:54 +0200
7 > > > Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
8 > > >
9 > > > > > On Mar 22, 2015, at 8:32, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > > > >
11 > > > > >
12 > > > > > /sbin/poweroff says "Must be a superuser" :(
13 > > > >
14 > > > > Did you read any of the previous messages? They told you that you have
16 > > have consolekit and polkit installed and configured for this to work!
17 > > >
18 > > > Yes, I've read them. However no one explianed how this has to be
19 > > accomplished with polkit and consolekit.
20 > >
21 > > You don't need those. It sounds like you somehow got both sysvinit and
22 systemd
23 > > installed. The message you're getting is from sysvinit. poweroff should be
24 a
25 > > symlink to systemctl. Try:
26 > >
27 > > systemctl poweroff
28 > >
29 > > You may need to unmerge sysvinit and anything else related to openrc and
30 then
31 > > re-emerge systemd. With systemd it should either shutdown or ask you for
32 the
33 > > root password (if you're not logged in locally or there's other users
34 logged
35 >
36 > Thanks, I decide to go with sudo on this one. However when I try to run it,
37 it says:
38 > "Username is not in the sudoers file." Where is this file located and how can
39 I add the user to it? Thanks
40 >
41 > > in).
47 See man sudo. But the advice you're getting is for openrc (it will work until
48 something else breaks), you need to remove all openrc components and install
49 systemd properly.
50 --
51 Fernando Rodriguez