From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Missing line-drawing characters on re-install
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:08:47
1 I'm b-a-a-a-a-ck... on my regular desktop. I re-installed with
2 unicode enabled and locale corrected. Some rough edges, specifically no
3 line-drawing characters. See attached image. Mutt is supposed to have
4 horizontal lines from right after the ")" up to the ">". Similarly mc
5 is supposed to have vertical and horizontal line drawing characters
6 separating and surrounding the two panels. I can use "mc -a" to get a
7 decent emulation with "+", "_", and "|" in place of line-drawing
8 characters. Similarly mutt has the "set ascii_chars" option to get an
9 ugly version of line-threading. Since this problem shows up on more
10 than one app, I assume that it's a general system problem. Any ideas on
11 how to get real line-drawing characters back?
14 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
15 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
16 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
17 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.

Untitled.png image/png