From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [konsole] How to run a command, then leave the shell open?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 02:05:13
1 Hi all,
2
3 Every morning I start konsole, type "emerge --sync", and then go do
4 other stuff. Some time later I look at the output and usually run
5 "emerge ... world". I would like to automate that a bit more.
6
7 I can use kpart to start konsole on a particular desktop so that's
8 easy. What I can't seem to get working is the "$SHELL --login" +
9 "emerge --sync" part.
10
11 If I run "konsole --noclose -e emerge --sync" then I get the output I
12 want but I don't get a prompt. If I run "konsole -e $SHELL --login"
13 then I get the prompt but, obviously, no emerge output.
14
15 How can I combine these two? I would like konsole to run emerge --sync
16 and then leave a prompt open. Just like what would happen if I did it
17 all manually. Any ideas?
18
19 Cheers,
20 Hilco