From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:06:42
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > > In addition /var/log/rc.log is empty - no messages are captured,
7 > > > Finally, there are a lot of messages like this in the console at boot
8 > > > time:
9
10 > > > * start-stop-daemon: fopen 'var/run/dbus.pid' : No such file or
11 > > > directory Detaching to start '/usr/bin/dbus-daemon ...'
12 > > > * runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead.
13 > > > How do I put this right?
14
15 Hmmmm. I would think most folks running openrc are also not using udev
16 but are using eudev [1]? From what I read/understand openrc is in the
17 process of removal from @system, for all profiles?
21 > > I think your error is related to my thread below.
22 > > Just get rid of line form fstab:
23 > > none /proc proc defaults 0 0
24 > > and any other not related ones.
25 > Thank you Thelma, but I do not have /proc or /tmpfs on my stab. Just a
26 > few disk partitions.
29 Another thread alluded to a news post. I cannot find that old news post?
30
31 I use a simple partition scheme with /boot / and /usr/local on separate
32 partitions. So the consensus is remove both of these from the fstab?::
33
34 shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
35
36 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
39 Historically speaking, fstab, mtab init* and cgroups were all very well
40 defined and mostly logical to figure out and follow. Where do I read up on
41 the mtab functionality, particularly in light of these dynamic changes and
42 as inter-related issue between where openrc, mount, fstab and mtab will end
43 up, functionally, in the future gentoo scheme?
46 James
47
48 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Eudev