From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati-drivers-8.28.8 - How to get DRM support?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 05:54:55
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > With these ATI drivers what is the proper way to configure the
3 > kernel? I've tried it with kernel DRI support on and off. Is there
4 > some other setting required to make this work?
5
6 Try kernel DRM off, kernel AGP as modules. I think ATI finally stopped
7 distributing its own agpgart. Then you may need to stick your
8 chipset-specific AGP module into /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.
9
10 > Should I be using a DRM from the fglrx package, from the kernel,
11 > from libdrm or somewhere else?
12
13 DRM comes from ati-drivers. libdrm only provides the userland library
14 and headers.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie