From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network manager for laptop
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 00:52:12
1 On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:49 PM, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Daniel da Veiga ha scritto:
3 >
4 > > Nah, I guess its something related to my card (and driver) and
5 > wpa_supplicant.
8 > You told that wicd somehow works better. Seems more related to
9 > NetworkManager, then...
12 You can say so, but WICD and NetworkManager are completely different
13 programs, they both call wpa_supplicant, but in completely different
14 ways, as far as I can see. NM tries to use DBUS to talk to supplicant,
15 while WICD launches supplicant directly, by pointing it to a generated
16 config file.
17
18 But yes, I suppose NM is broken in the sense it can't talk to
19 wpa_supplicant on my laptop.
22 Daniel da Veiga
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list