From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] any SSH guru on the list
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:39:10
1 On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 21:53 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Joseph schrieb:
3 >
4 > > Thanks for the pointer. According to the manual the default for ssh
5 > > PreferredAuthentications is:
6 > > hostbased,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
7 > > So it should work but for some reason or another Knoppix is not
8 > > defaulting to publickey; even though I have public key
9 > > in /knoppix/.ssh/authorized_keys
10 >
11 > What are the permissions for / /home /home/knoppix /home/knoppix/.ssh
12 > /home/knoppix/.ssh/authorized_keys?
13 [snip]
14 > Alexander Skwar
15
16 Solved!
17 In my case it was a logical error, it appears had copied Public-Key from
18 from server I was logging into to the computer I was logging from. And
19 it suppose to be other way around.
20 I've learned my lesson now.
23 #Joseph
24 --