From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:21:26
1 On Thursday 20 October 2005 17:53, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > OK, right. I only meant that I haven't seen anything in his specific
3 > hardware that makes me think he *has* to have one. Unless I missed
4 > something, which happens every day, it's a pretty standard, if modern,
5 > PC. It should be possible to build everything into the kernel so no
6 > initrd is required, if he wants to do it that way.
7
8 I can't remember what hardware he has :o)
9 Sascha appears to though, and spotted the problem.
10
11 > I know he's nervous about building kernels. He'll be much better off
12 > if he gets past that. (My opinion only.)
13
14 Oh aye, one of the testing guys here is jumping in at the deep end, and asking
15 me lots of questions. He'll learn eventually, and be better off for it.
18 Mike Williams
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list