From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] danger-deep
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:19:24
1 On 5/27/10, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:45 +0000, James wrote:
3 >> Folks,
4 >>
5 >> I just had to share this.....
6 >>
7 >> So I read the Linux journal, mostly to do my
8 >> part to keep publications about Linux alive.
9 >> Occationally they write about something cool,
10 >> though rarely related to Gentoo....
11 >
12 > FTA:
13 > The Web site provides a lovely binary installer that feels much
14 > like that of a commercial game. You can compile the game from
15 > source if you want, but would you really do that when you can
16 > simply click Next, Next, Next?
17 > *sigh*
18 >
19 >> So I read about a very cool submarine game today
20 >> on LJ:
21 >> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/danger-deep
22 >>
23 >> Only to discover it's already in portage.
24 >> KUDOS to the Gentoo game devs for being
25 >> on top of this one........
26 >
27 > Doesn't run here. Something to do with getting the available
28 > resolutions:
29 >
30 > SDL_Rect** modes = SDL_ListModes(NULL, SDL_FULLSCREEN|SDL_HWSURFACE);
31 >
32 > must be returning nothing, because later when it tests the resolution it
33 > wants to use against the resolutions available:
34 >
35 > for (list<vector2i>::const_iterator it = available_resolutions.begin(); it
36 > != available_resolutions.end(); ++it) {
37 > if (*it == vector2i(res_x_, res_y_)) {
38 > ok = true;
39 > break;
40 > }
41 > }
42 > if (!ok)
43 > throw invalid_argument("invalid resolution requested!");
44 >
45 > I get the exception. No matter what res I specify on the command
46 > line :(
47 >
48 > $ dangerdeep
49 > Caught exception: invalid resolution requested!
50 >
51 > Anyone know about SDL?
52
53 I really don't, but I'm just wondering if you are looking at the 0.3.0
54 source tarball code or their svn trunk? system.cpp is quite different
55 in the trunk, including changes which probably should add support for
56 "less common" screen sizes and modes.
59 Arttu V.