From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] IPI shortcut/no shortcut mode question
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:59:28
1 I'm using tuxonice-sources on an x86 machine. After switching from
2 2.6.23 to 2.6.23-r1, I notice that during boot I get "Using IPI
3 No-Shortcut mode" followed by a count from 1 to 100. I don't think I
4 had this delay before; it's possible, but unlikely, that I just didn't
5 notice it; it takes about 20 seconds. When configuring 2.6.23-r1, I
6 only took a quick look at the tuxonice settings, since I thought that
7 was all that might have changed, but maybe I inadvertently changed
8 something else in the config.
9
10 Can anybody point me to info about what's going on and how I
11 might avoid this delay? Whatever shortcut mode is, if I can use it, I
12 want it.
13
14 I googled, but I can't even tell if it's something to do with processor
15 interrupts or peripheral interfaces. (I'm gussing it's not
16 InterPlanetary Internet. ;)
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list