From: Einux <einuxnet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How low can you go?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:48:34
1 I'm the network manager in my school. I set up a Gentoo box using VirtualBox
2 with 128M of RAM, to serve as the squid reverse proxy server and dns server
3 in my local campus network.
4 And it turns out:
5 {{{
6 gentoo-vm squid # uptime
7 22:49:48 up 7 days, 10:28, 2 users, load average: 0.35, 0.33, 0.45
8 gentoo-vm squid # free -m
9 total used free shared buffers cached
10 Mem: 118 114 4 0 60 28
11 -/+ buffers/cache: 25 93
12 Swap: 512 7 505
13 }}}
14
15 If your demand is not critical, Gentoo can be quite lightweight :)