From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] idea about small footprint gentoo
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:17:22
1 I saw a post (I think it was this list, and the following was from
2 memory) a month or two back of someone who did just this. They
3 installed with a past date, then ran the system for a week or so and
4 exercised it extensively. They then did the remove everything based on
5 atime that hadnt been touched.
6
7 The result was very successful, but they did come across the odd file
8 they had to put back. Testing after the initial delete was considerable.
9
10 >From my point of view, such a "stripped system" would always be
11 classified as unstable as you never know when it will ask for a file you
12 removed as it is just too complex to check every circumstance.
13
14 BillK