From: "Fred.L" <raptor@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto remove Xorg?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:56:58
1 > On Monday 15 June 2009 16:43:00 Fred.L wrote:
2 >> Hi,
3 >>
4 >> > Hello all,
5 >> >
6 >> >
7 >> > I have a VM with Gentoo as guest and I don't know why, maybe I was
8 >> > lonely, but I tried to install X on the guest without needing it
9 >> > (maybe just to see how it looks to have X in X ;-)).
10 >> > The problem is that now, I sync'ed the guest and it wants to pull an
11 >> > update for X and all the drivers.
12 >> > Frankly, I don't want to spend dozen of minutes compiling the new X
13 >> > when I don't need it on a VM...
14 >> >
15 >> > So my question is: how do I remove X and all its components?
16 >>
17 >> I think you could try this:
18 >> $ emerge --unmerge xorg-server
19 >
20 > xorg-server is usually not in world. xorg-x11 is a meta package that DEPENDs
21 > on xorg-server, the OP should unmerge xorg-x11
24 Yes, I saw my mistake but it was to late the mail was already sent.
25 Sorry for that.
26
27 > --
28 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com