From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking - after emerge -C cvs ssmtp
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:39:57
1 On Saturday 24 May 2008, dhk wrote:
2 > Two problems along the same line.
3 >
4 > After doing an "emerge -C cvs ssmtp" and "revdep-rebuild --ignore" it
5 > seems that there are still traces of the two programs around.
6 >
7 > 1) The cvs I removed because I want to try subversion, but when I do
8 > an "emerge -uDNp world" cvs shows in the list. The
9 > /var/lib/portage/world doesn't have cvs in it either. This isn't a
10 > Blocking problem, but every update installs cvs again.
11 >
12 > 2) The ssmtp I removed because it was blocking sendmail. When I try
13 > to emerge sendmail ssmtp is on top of the list and I stll have
14 > blocking. See the --pretend below. The sendmail program doesn't show
15 > up in the /var/lib/portage/world either.
16
17 Some other package is probably pulling them in as a dependency.
18
19 emerge -avuNDt world will reveal why
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com