From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Remerge the system with gcc-4.1?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:21:04
1 Bo:
2
3 The guide that I followed is:
4
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
6
7 Under section 3 Upgrading from GCC-3.3 to 3.4 or greater
8
9 The instructions specify to use Revdep-rebuild -- and I quote
10
11 If you upgrade from gcc 3.3 to 3.4, you have two possibilities on how to upgrade your system. The first method is faster and requires use of the revdep-rebuild tool from package gentoolkit while the second one rebuilds the entire system from scratch so it will make use of new GCC features. It's up to you to decide which of these two ways you will choose. In most cases, the first method is sufficient.
12
13 This particular rebuild was going from 3.3 to 4.0 so revdep-rebuild was indicated -
14
15 I did that rebuild some time back and don't remember what was the problem other than that I want to avoid it again.
16
17 TIM
20 Timothy A. Holmes
21 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
22
23 Medina Christian Academy
24 A Higher Standard...
25
26 Jeremiah 33:3
27 Jeremiah 29:11
28 Esther 4:14
29
30 > -----Original Message-----
31 > From: Bo Ørsted Andresen [mailto:bo.andresen@××××.dk]
32 > Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 1:02 PM
33 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
34 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remerge the system with gcc-4.1?
35 >