From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updating linux-headers
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:50:22
1 On 9/5/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > I just "emerge --sync"ed and issued "emerge -pNDu world".
3 > Portage wants to upgrade linux-headers from 2.6.11-r2 to 2.6.11-r5 (and
4 > nothing else).
5 > I know I can live with the current headers, but then the same message
6 > would keep popping out. As far as I understand, if I upgrade
7 > linux-headers I must also recompile glibc. And then, anything else?
8
9 Nope. (Almost) everything else is dynamically linked to glibc, so
10 they will automatically use whatever changes appear in glibc as a
11 result. Those few statically linked packages are probably not worth
12 worrying about.
13
14 -Richard
15 --