From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc unmerged by accident
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:42:56
1 On Tuesday 13 November 2007, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > After a successful upgrade from profile 2006.1 to 2007.0, I decided
5 > to unmerge some unused packages from world and accidentally had glibc
6 > on the emerge command line from a cut and paste operation.
7 >
8 > glibc was unmerged and now I can't use common shell commands such as
9 > ls or cp to list and copy files from a backup.
10 >
11 > I am thinking that to fix this I will have to boot from a cd and
12 > emerge glibc.
13 >
14 > Is there another way to do this?
15
16 Ouch. Easiest way I can think of is same idea as yours - to boot off a
17 CD, chroot into your usual / and emerge glibc. If you have another
18 gentoo machine handy with the same or higher version of glibc, you
19 could quickpkg it there and simply unpack it into the chroot.
20
21 It's a reasonably large binary, 12M on my system.
22
23 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list