From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:31:06
1 On Sunday 31 Mar 2013 21:19:18 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-03-31 3:37 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > What the article didn't mention was that if you change your interface
4 > > names, you have to create a new symlink in /etc/init.d and add it to
5 > > the default runlevel. I'm glad I spotted that one before rebooting:)
6 >
7 > So, just
8 >
9 > ln -s net.net0 -> net.lo
10 >
11 > Then after reboot, you can rm net.eth0 -> net.lo ?
12
13 Worth noting that I did not remove /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and upon rebooting a
14 box I couldn't connect to it via ssh! This was despite having changed the
15 firewall interface in the iptables rules to the new NIC name.
16
17 Thankfully I had physical access. sshd complained that net.eth0 was not
18 available. I deleted the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 symlink and rebooted. No more
19 problems.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick