From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird harddisk problem: AHCI disks sometimes not found
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 00:33:33
1 On 11/03/2021 19:39, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
2 > Only one of the two SSDs is attached at the same time to the system, the other
3 > one is disconnected. One contains a gentoo installation (just updated
4 > yesterday), the other one an Ubuntu LTS 20.04. This allows dual-.boot by
5 > switching connection cables.
6
7 By switching cables. Is that moving the cables from one drive to the
8 other? Or by disconnecting one drive from the mobo, and plugging in the
9 other? Or what?
10
11 A pretty recent mobo I've got says that certain ports are incompatible,
12 so for example if I plug in a video card, certain sata ports disappear,
13 or if I use NVMe, something else goes ...
14
15 Could it be you have a collision like that, if your two SSDs don't end
16 up plugged into the exact same SATA port (or whatever it is).
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol