From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make QEMU guest visible to other machines on LAN
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 01:16:42
1 On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 08:31:35PM +0100, Simon Thelen wrote
2 > On 15-12-19 at 14:21, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3 > > Apologies if this is a duplicate/triplicate. I don't think the first
4 > > attempts got through. Going through my backup provider (dialup) this
5 > > time.
6 > [..]
7 > > For various reasons, I need another physical machine on my small home
8 > > LAN to be able to talk directly to the 32-bit guest. I've read the
9 > > "Network setup" at http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KvmOnGentoo Is the
10 > > /etc/conf.d/net being reffered to, the one on the host or on the guest?
11 > > The webpage doesn't say explicitly.
12 > host
13 > >
14 > > I also don't understand how other machines will be able to
15 > > differentiate between the host and the guest.
16 > The idea is to create a bridge device, and then bridge the guests
17 > tun/tap device with the bridge and your ethernet device. This way they
18 > all appear transparently on the network.
19 >
20 > The net config on that website should be fine for the host, and then
21 > pass these command options to qemu
22 > -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hn0,mac="52:54:00:12:34:56" -netdev bridge,id=hn0,br=brkvm
23 >
24 > You can change the mac address to your liking.
25
26 Thanks. I'll try that as soon as I get the guest booting by itself.
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
30 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications