From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:56:50
1 On 2015-01-16, Paul B. Henson <henson@×××.org> wrote:
2
3 > http://www.linuxvoice.com/interview-lennart-poettering/
4 >
5 > So it seems the reason (in Lennart Poettering's imagination at least)
6 > that Gentoo hasn't embraced systemd as our default init system is
7 > because we're all old and conservative?
8
9 No, it's because we're practical and view computers as means to get
10 things done rather than ends in themselves to be put inside
11 transparent cases with fans that light up.
12
13 > Not like those young Arch Linux power user whippersnappers who are
14 > much more progressive and have such a greater interest in making the
15 > best out of their computers.
16
17 Or perhaps just fans of "oooooh! shiney!!"
20 1/2 :)
23 Grant