From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using python 2.7
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 17:16:58
1 On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Paige Thompson <erratic@××××××××××.sx> wrote:
2 > RIP python 3
3 >
4 > how do I get rid of it
5
6 It's possible that you can't. Some (or many) packages could depend on
7 Python 2.7 because they don't work with Python 3.x. You can check that
8 with:
9
10 equery depends dev-lang/python:2.7
11
12 In my main system (full GNOME 3 desktop), 174 packages depend on
13 Python 2.7. Some of them probably can be made to work only with Python
14 3.x, but I'm willing to bet that the majority doesn't.
15
16 Maybe in the future, but I don't think it will be possible for at
17 least a few years.
18
19 Regards.
20 --
21 Canek Peláez Valdés
22 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias