From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Native 64-bit Intel Core Duo 2 system?
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:00:37
1 On 1/8/07, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > Is there any documentation on setting up a native system on my 64-bit
3 > Intel Core Duo 2 system (E6600)? I note there was mention of new
4 > compiler options to build for core 2 duo, but I haven't seen anything
5 > specific for a new install.
6
7 I used the amd64 install guide, worked perfectly. I did have to use
8 kernelOfTruth's "small gentoo" liveCD because of the JMicron
9 compatibility issue, but that's a little OT
10
11 Re. CFLAGS: http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20061211-newsletter.xml
12 essentially, it's -march=nocona, like David said.
15 Ryan W Sims
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list